View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #8
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin95630 View Post
I have yet to understand why purchasing Perfect Points with real money is offered. It seems tantamount to "cheating" really.

I think a better approach would be to award a substantial number of points for finish last in your division. And progressively fewer points the higher you finish. This would help balance things out from year to year.

The WS winner would also be awarded a hefty amount of points to help get started after being promoted.

Or at least create an alternate path where not real money can be used.

There is a need to support the development of the software, for sure. But I'd rather pay more for the annual releases than to see the basic fairness of the game be subjected to such potential for corruption.
This is so astoundingly unlikely to be satisfied it's worth thinking about why or how this suggestion was offered in the first place. What aspect of the FTP experience made you think "the best solution is removing paid PP"?

And for the record, FTP is totally viable and FTP successes are well-documented. All my teams are FTP, for one example. You always trade time for money if you want to be successful as FTP, and my experience is that most of these "remove PP/make them separate" suggestions come from people who haven't really put in the time to learn how to compete without buying PP.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 12-15-2019 at 09:30 PM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote