View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
Real Life inning ends, camera pans to bullpen where reliever has just started warming up. Commercial ends and said reliiever is jogging in to pitch.
Sorry, but that doesn't happen. Relievers aren't allowed to remain throwing in the bullpen until the commercial ends, then take the field and throw seven more pitches when a mid-inning change is made. You might catch them throwing one more in the pen before the commercial break starts, but then they are required to enter the game and throw their seven pitches during the inning break. So by your example, they are throwing eight warmup pitches after having been completely cold. That's simply not how real life works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
Maybe my reliever examples are faulty so let me try this. Have you ever wondered how fatigued your pitcher was but can't see it after third out is made. Yes you can see number of pitches, but fatigue takes into account how often he has pitched stamina and i'm sure other factors.
My suggestion is inning end press enter go to substitution screen, do what you want. Then return to game. In real life there is about 5 minutes between innings that are skipped over in OOTP.
Regular season commercial breaks are two minutes. In the postseason, they are 2 1/2 to maybe 3 at most.

EDIT: To add more explanation.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 11-22-2019 at 08:56 AM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote