View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #9
Hertston
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
If every card was part of a mission with a good reward then most of the playerbase wouldn't be able to afford the cards needed to actually play with.
Noted. To be fair, while I was looking to select a few illustrative examples I also noted the balance on some have shifted significantly since the last time I looked based on, presumably, card re-valuations.

Agreed with Flavius 100%. 'Managerial skill' is very limited in PT compared with the game proper, but tourneys with fixed value ranges would give much more opportunity to exercise it and, perhaps, leave the 'whales' in their own ponds giving them a more competitive and enjoyable game as well? Bronze level cards would be best to maximise both skill and access, maybe? The market would, unfortunately, increase the value of recognised 'excellent' cards at that level to prices beyond most new players (or those not sinking real cash, anyway), but there are plenty almost, if not as, good for 100PP or less, within everybody's reach.

PS. Not to mention giving the chance to actually play with those great 'baseball' names. The likes of Birdie Tebbits, Topsy Hartsel, Mudcat Grant, Peanuts Lowrey, Oil Can Boyd, Ace Adams and Snuffy Sternweiss (my all time favorite) should not be left to rot on the 'inactive' bench! Who cares if they win or not?

P.P.S. And, dropping briefly to iron, how could I have forgotten the immortal Boots Poffenberger? Surely worth a place on any team, if only to dispense the Cool-Aid.

Last edited by Hertston; 10-16-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Hertston is offline   Reply With Quote