View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #49
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Just curious... So do you think the main difference this season is going to a stronger defense/weaker offense and making it a pitcher's park? Does is it seem like the competition is tougher in this league? Of course, that didn't seem to stop your team in the past.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully, you don't get relegated and can get back to competing in the perfect playoffs again. Of course, if you did get relegated, it would be interesting to see how well your team would do at the diamond level after doing so well in perfect.

Edit: I missed your earlier post where you already answered this.
No worries, it was a longer post so I doubt many people read it, lol. But, yeah, the cliff's notes are basically "all of the above." I think it's a strong league, plus a strategy that apparently doesn't play to my team's strengths, plus some bad luck on top (11-26 in 1-run games).

I hope to not get relegated because it might take more than 1 week to climb back up (spent 4 weeks in diamond originally) and I would find that pretty tedious. I'm not one of those that sees relegation as the PP-earning bonanza that so many others do. I think the only silver lining would be getting another chance at one of those diamond championship medallions for my signature.

I have made some additions to the pitching staff to hopefully get me enough "juice" to climb out of the bottom 4 in P431. Unfortunately many of these acquisitions came with stats (92 Maddux, 91 Mariano Rivera, 93 Chris Carpenter) so I am cutting them loose. I did manage to pick up perfect All-Star Max Scherzer (I figured the newer All-Star cards are less likely to have been played already) and I like that his ratings are locked in at 113/69/78. 69 is a little low for movement, but at a price of 31K PP it's hard to beat the overall value there. He'll help get some of the in-game strikeout achievements probably.

On a positive note, my Frogs did record another triple play recently so that's 2K more PP in the bank.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 07-11-2019 at 10:18 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote