Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #247
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2075 Playoffs – NLCS (10/25)

Montreal Impact (6-6, On Road: 1-4) @ Los Angeles Lakers (7-2, At Home: 3-1), Game 6 (LAL lead 3-2)
At home, in the City of Angels, with an opportunity to gain entry into the promised land on the line against the misbegotten club from Montreal – months of laborious repetition, early curfews, and the occasional wind sprint have all led up to this moment. We’ll start Mr. Dejuan Burns on the bump, an addition we made via trade with the team we find ourselves matched up against, with his 7-2 record & 3.18 ERA amassed in the Purple & Gold – who is currently on a 3-game winning streak that includes a paltry 5 earned runs in 23.1 innings of work. This will be his moment – will he bring his devastating slider and mind-bending change-up to the table or will he wilt underneath the bright lights? One thing is for sure – the Overland Park, KS native isn’t in Kansas anymore (sorry, I had to do it). On the other side we have Julius Trowbridge, an easy-going Nassau native whose cool island vibes are enough to make you abandon your penny loafers for a pair of ratty old flip flops, and his top-flight fastball topping out at 99 MPH headed our way – he’s tough, for sure, but in a bit of a bad way… He’s given up 10 runs in his last 8-innings of work. He’ll be a challenge – a competitor to his core who won’t be scared of the moment. We need to close it out here – it’s a must – because, while I do love a game 7, I’m not interested in the stress that comes with a winner-take-all game when my team is one of the participants.

Julius Trowbridge (1-2, 8.18) @ Dejuan Burns (2-0, 2.35)
Burns comes out in less talk, more rock mode – nothing but the best jammies – a 1, 2, 3 inning with 2 K’s to get us started… Trowbridge is the other side of that coin – a leadoff double for Mullens, a walk for Zarate, a walk for Otto, and a 2-run double for Pepper… HERE WE GO! We’d get another off an RBI single for Weaver, another off of a Sacrifice Fly for Nehemiah, one more off an RBI single from Daniels, one more for Ethan – RBI single, we’ve gone through the order in the bottom of the 1st… that’s SIX, count ‘em… SIX runs in the bottom of the 1st. What else is there to say, really? We’d win this one by a final score of 13-4 – a dominant, soul-crushing performance by the La La’s. Ethan finished 4 for 5 with 2 runs and 3 RBI, Pepper goes 2 for 3 with 3 runs and 2 RBI, and Cooke drives in 2 on 2 for 4 hitting. Burns gives up only 3 runs in 6 innings of work and little used Mason Sandoval gets an opportunity to close this one out – 2.2 innings with 1 earned run from the young man today. Cooke, Mullen, and Otto all put balls out of the park, we hit 3 doubles, and turned 2 DP’s – that’s called firing on all cylinders. That’s called razing the castle, taking no prisoners, and utter annihilation. Wow. Not gonna lie – this was satisfying.

Name:  Game 175 Win LAL.PNG
Views: 257
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  Game 175 Ethan.PNG
Views: 253
Size:  127.8 KB

Jacksonville for all the marbles up next… Bring on the dancing bears… I LOVE LA!
Attached Images
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote