View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #73
esmeet7
Bat Boy

I'm new to OOTP with a recent purchase of OOTP 20. I've begun an MLB league by myself to get used to the interface and options, and I'm enjoying it so far (10 games in; manager and GM).

I have some friends who play fantasy baseball together each year, and I think some would be interested in an on-line league with OOTP.

I'm having trouble understanding some very basic concepts:

(1) How would you hold a fantasy-style draft in a "live" setting? Do you use a screen-share service and a conference call where everyone types in their pick in an messaging system or something?

(2) How does the day-by-day GM and Manager tasks occur when everyone has their own versions of the game file? If the human-controlled Mets want to propose a trade to the human-controlled Dodgers, how does that happen? Are GMs able to only make decisions on a single day out of a week of simulated games?

I suspect there may be some threads that provide more detail about this, but I didn't find much in the OOTP Online Manual about on-line leagues. If anyone has ideas for where I can find answers to on-line league questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
esmeet7 is offline   Reply With Quote