View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #78
burnjericho
Bat Boy

Just playing around with the Brewers - there are some issues with the 40 man and active rosters, but I would imagine those will change. I focused mostly on the Brewers contracts at the end of my first season. If the contract number was close (which they all are, generally within 1M) I didn't worry about it.
Brett Lawrie hasn't played since July 2016, but his neutral ML resulting stats (in the editor) are better than any season before his hiatus. His contract is also a bit off, it is a minor league deal that becomes a 1M contract if he makes the majors. He should start in the minors, since he isn't even playing in Spring Training. There is a team option for 2020, also a bunch of performance/playing time escalators - none of which I think OOTP can do.
Josh Fields minor league deal should also go up to 1M if he is called up to the majors.
Yasmani Grandal's contract should have a 2.25M buyout for the team option in 2020.
Mike Moustakas should have a 3M buyout.
Chase Anderson's contract should have options for both 2020 and 2021, each with a $500,000 buyout. Potentially saving that 8 million in 2020 is big for the Brewer budget.
Eric Thames has a 1M buyout in 2020.
Yelich should have a 1.25M buyout in 2022.
burnjericho is offline   Reply With Quote