View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Zaun
Bat Boy

$0 Team, $20 Team, $200 Team

Loving PT so far, perfect thing to do on the side while working. Happy to support this first iteration of the game and I'm getting my money's worth of enjoyment.

Wanted to offer some suggestions and share my experiences building three separate teams on three different budgets ($0, 20, 200 as shown in the title). No cheating, no transferring, no shenanigans, just buying packs and working the Auction House like everyone else. This is my first full season with all three teams (started last weekend so didn't get into the first leagues)

I think pack odds are too good. It's way too easy to build a good team even with small investment. I see Diamonds were nerfed to 150:1 in-game, which probably still isn't enough, although I read the forum post saying it was going to be 200:1? That might be more appropriate, but honestly I think it's way more interesting when Diamonds are rare. Many positions there's a "clear" best Diamond (given that non-Live cards are rare) and that's really boring - ie, Jose Ramirez being the only live 2B Diamond, Lindor at SS, Yelich at LF, Judge at RF. Even Golds suffer from that problem - very limited selection at many positions. Even though I'm a "whale" by standards here I would say it'd be more fun if teams were mostly comprised of Silver and lower players, just from the diversity and increased number of decisions.

It's also a shame there are so many cool bronze and silver cards which are going to be quickly outclassed and unused. Such a missed opportunity. I know I read something regarding some event feature in OOTP20 so I guess this year we'll have to deal with this empty unused design space.

We should also be able to see opponents' ballpark factors - and I guess strategically we should all be maxing out our factors offensively because that just yields better PP gain.

PP gain needs to be addressed, as I am gaining ridiculous amounts of PP with my best team and not all that much with my worst team. There needs to be some sort of "catch-up" mechanic otherwise the majority of players are going to be left in the dust. This is also going to have maybe unforeseen effects longer-term on the auction house - especially now that the relative difference between quicksell prices and rarity EV has been slashed like crazy.

$0 Team: 102-60

Name:  pt3.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  249.2 KB

$20 Team: 121-41

Name:  pt2.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  255.7 KB

$200 Team: 145-17

Name:  pt1.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  249.0 KB

If there are any questions or you want to know the stats of some players I'll try to answer

Last edited by Zaun; 11-17-2018 at 07:46 PM.