View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #10
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Thanks very much for this guide. I tried a few times in 18 with my own variation of your setup. I always start a historical random debut league in 1901 with reserve rosters set to 15. Finish 1901 and proceed with a 5 round draft in December 1901 but with enough players for 15 rounds. This insures that I have enough players to add an unaffiliated AAA league in 1902 with 8 or 10 teams, try to do this by adding a league to my current game. Tried today in 19 but pulled the trigger on expansion too early and had the teams filled with fictional players, which I do not want in my league at all costs. I should have waited until after the start of MLB season. I noticed that there now is an option not to hold an inaugural draft which I thought would solve my problem. What I want to do is fill all my AAA teams with free agents after spring training is over and avoid any fictional players like the plague using a free agent draft.
I also want to check for fictional players at some interval to make sure none sneak into my world.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Sorry if I rambled in this but in my head it is very I just can’t seem to execute the plan.
I think random debut makes it quite different from what I am doing as with random debut you can not have minor league players. I would assume simply setting your amateur draft in the first year of your RD league to something like 40 or 50 rounds should give you enough players for you to create an affiliated AAA league right after the draft.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote