View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

When do you fold your unaffiliated minor league?

WHEN TO FOLD THE LEAGUE
I will paste a text file below that I use to prompt me for name changes, folding etc of these minor leagues. One great thing I discovered in OOTP19 testing is if I fold my Southern Association at the right time it's history will carry over with the OOTP19 added affiliated Southern Assocation.

It is pretty simple to do actually. All you have to do is know when the affiliated minor league Southern Association is added to the game (which is 1932). Other than that just make sure the playoffs for your 1931 Southern Association ends before the MLB World Series. Sometime between the end of the 1931 Southern Series and before the end of the World Series for that same year go to your league settings screen and delete the Southern Association.

The affiliated Southern Association will be added when all of the rookies and minor leaguers are created for 1932 which is the end of the final day of the 1931 World Series.

Unfortunately team totals don't carry over as the affiliated teams are treated as new franchises but all player records and leaderboards do. Below is an example with the Southern Assocation from my recent test league from 1894-1938

One thing you will notice on the leaderboard is the name Turkey Stearns. Because the created minor leagues are unaffiliated there is no color barrier for them so many of the great Negro players from the 1910's now have a place to play. It can be considered a drawback as well because it will somewhat weaken your Negro League clubs as many players will stay in the unaffiliated leagues until they are forced out when they fold. I guess it is up to the user but I like the idea just because without the fictional minor leagues many of the early Negro greats never get to play anywhere or are at the tail end of their careers when the Negro League finally appears in OOTP. (Note: Turning color barrier on is only possible in OOTP with pre 1946 MLB and it's affiliated leagues.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote