View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I don't have the screens in front of me but don't the "sabermetric" ratings cover stuff like pitcher stamina, position player zone/error ratings, and the like?

To the original question, yes, ML ready draft prospects do exist using the default modifiers but they're very, very rare. If you want more guys in the league ready to play from the draft onward, I would *not* recommend messing with the PCMs (which I think you generally just want to set once and either forget or just allow the game engine to make small tweaks to from one year to the next) but instead setting the player/pitcher aging modifiers. I have a 19th century league where I set the development for both pitchers and position players to 1.1 and aging to 0.9 and I do see guys coming in ready to play or requiring only a small amount of seasoning in the minors. Bear in mind that if you tweak this, it will also have the effect of there being more major league quality players in your universe, which will in turn cause the game to run more platoons, situationally rest players more, and all in all kind of "flatten" the league by having fewer instances where the really good players get to tee off on guys who don't belong there.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote