View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #23
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram2Whitaker View Post
What I think is happening, is a misplaced bit of code. It happens sometimes in video games. I have had saves, that weren't credited as saves, on multiple occasions through multiple iterations of OOTP. I wouldn't expect someone to comb through all that code to find out where a minor bug like that would be.
Not really. Matt Arnold went into the logic, which is that the game grants the victory to whoever's in the game at pitcher when the score changes. In real life, the previous guy should still get the win but in real life nobody announces a pitching change until they absolutely have to. What if that announcement causes a team to save a player as a pinch hitter instead of using them as a defensive replacement? What if the game situation changes and you don't want to use your setup guy anymore? The rules do say that once announced a pitcher has to face at least one batter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote