View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #22
zappa1
All Star Starter

I've seen this for awhile, now. Probably a few versions ago. I found out kinda by accident as I just wanted to put the next pitcher in before he got tired in the pen warming up. A little corner cutting you might say. I figured if I put him in NOW, he'd be in when the start of the next inning started. Save me a step. Then I saw the box score at the end of the game and they gave the win to this pitcher instead of my starter. I knew right away what happened. You can't change pitchers when you are AB or this is what will happen. An error message should come up saying just that, "you can't change pitchers while your at bat". But this is a suggestion and you have to run it by the suggestion police, first.
Anyway, I use this from time to time on purpose, now. If I feel my starting pitcher doesn't deserve all the runs my team is scoring to get him off the "hook", I'll put the next pitcher in just so he doesn't get a win that I don't think he deserves. It's really funny. It's like the manager saying to the starting pitcher, that's what you get for stinkin' the place out. You don't deserve to win this game. I get a big kick out of it. hahaha
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote