Thread: Pick my MVP
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
Second Baseman, Ishii.

did everything very well, it seems, plus an important defensive position up-the-middle. but, a baseline of some sort would be helpful. their #'s look great, but maybe ~.360 BA isn't the bee's knees in that league, as 1 example.

that pitcher is quite dominant for such an offensively loaded league. those are some hefty power #'s all around. i'd need to see more but i could be convinced to change my vote.

@lan:

it's 6 in one half dozen the other... e.g. i typically click for the AI to fill it out, then i look it over. occasionally, i change things, but i wouldn't say it's ever a poor choice, just a different valid opinion.
I can update once I finish the season to see who the AI chooses I don't like to interfere, although I would like to get a vote sometime

For reference, the league batting champion his .343. One other batter in the AL hit 55 HR, 2 guys in the NL hit 50+. Best WAR from a guy not on my team was 7.7, next best pitcher was 6.3. Next best ERA was 2.89. AL batting average was .260. League-wide HR would be relatively close to last year's numbers (as I said, when I hit July 1 and both Angel and Gonzalez had 40 HR each, I checked the modifier and cut it down a lot). I should have adjusted it before the season, after having seen Gonzalez hit 88 (!) HR last year, narrowly defeating Ishii who had 59 HR in his "rookie" (age 33) season (although as a LF last year).
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote