View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 02:14 AM   #206
Arc Flash
Bat Boy

Here are a few things I would like to see evolve over the next few OOTP seasons.

I love old-time baseball history. Love reading the stat. Love reading the personal stories about the players. Love reading about rule changes and overall evolution of old-time baseball into modern game today.

I think it would be fun to see what the game today would be like if the 1891 rule permitting substitutions at any point in the game was never introduced to the game. Before the rule was changed a pitch had to be replaced with a player from another position, usually right field, and then switched back to pitching later in the game. I think it would be great if OOTP could sometime in the future design a feature to allow this to let fans see how baseball would have evolved without substitutions. Which players today would have made the roaster under that rule and what would the roasters and player developement look like today? How would contracts now look and how would they impact the game today? What would have happened to the designated hitter position?

Another thing I would like to see add in the future is more competition between the NL and AL. In the early years neither leagues like to see their top players being traded to the other league and had rules to limit trading between them. I read somewhere that at one time trades between the two leagues was limited to a month in the off season and sometimes only permitted for two weeks in June. would be nice is OOTP could find a way to create that ability. What would it have been like for a 15 year veteran of the NL to get traded to the AL where he knew little to nothing about the players he was playing with or against?

One thing that I would love to see is changes to the player's "BNN Page". It would be nice if OOTP could setup the career batting, pitching, and fielding like the setup used by baseball-reference.com . the way their stats can be divided into Major and Minors, NL and AL, totals for each team they played for etc.

I would really love to hear feed back about my suggestions but please bare in mind that they are for future OOTP seasons and not expected for OOTP18 or OOTP19.

The One and Only,
Bob Uecker.
Arc Flash is offline   Reply With Quote