View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #8
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

March 7th, 1985

I am playing again today... this time against the Padres.

1st inning... facing Andy Hawkins... kicked things off with a single!

But then Chris Brown hit a liner to John Kruk and I got doubled off. Disappointing but nothing I could have done.

2nd... I handled a ground ball from Alan Wiggins with no problems. I think it was early nerves that caused some defensive mishaps, but things are settling down now.

I am still really freaked out... a 16 year old playing along side major league players...

3rd... two out and nobody on... I grounded out to AL Newman, playing third base.

4th... turnabout is fair play as I caught a pop up from Newman.

6th... now facing Ed Wojna with one out and the bases empty... got a nice single into left. Then I stole 2nd and Terry Kennedy threw it into centre so I took 3rd. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it home.

8th... another routine ground out, this one by Terry Kennedy... routine is starting to feel, well, routine...

8th... I was pinch-hit for Mike Aldrete

The Padres held on to beat the Giants 1-0.

The Giants are not doing well so far this spring... but maybe that is why I am getting a chance.

I am having a hard time making friends on the team. The age difference is too dramatic. I am rooming with a pitcher named David Linton. He is 19 and has no experience above Rookie League.

So far I am 4 for 9, which is pretty great. One of those is a double and have 2 RBI and 2 stolen bases. I haven't crossed the plate myself yet.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 01-04-2017 at 09:59 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote