View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 06:33 AM   #41
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
The Howe trajectory has been strange and now he misses time with an injury as he is finally taking off. Enjoying this greatly.
Thank you for following along.

In real life Howe played right wing and by 49-50 from what I understand was on the Wings top line with Lindsay on the left side and Sid Abel (later Delvecchio) in the middle so he had solid point totals from the age of 21 or so.

In the sim Howe is listed as being capable of playing all 3 positions and the game put him at left wing. As a result he spent a lot of time in his early 20's behind Lindsay and 1 or two others on the third or fourth line instead of on the top line with Lindsay and Abel so his point totals suffered.

Once he was shifted to center as Abel began to decline Howe started to receive first line minutes and his point totals increased. Howe basically stepped into the role Delvecchio had in real life as the game made Delvecchio a right winger on the line with Howe and Lindsay.

The result is he did not become a prolific point producer in the sim until age 30 while in real life he was putting up top 10 scoring numbers from the age of 22 but it is the desire for this unpredictability that made me choose to enable the FHM development engine so some deviation for players is both to be expected and desired.

The question going forward will be how long will Howe be productive?

With just 288 goals and 628 points after nearly 1000 games I would think he would be hard pressed to finish with even 500 goals and 1000 points in his career.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 01-03-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote