Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #77
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
The key here is the Raiders released him. They didn't have to do that and could have punished him themselves but chose not to do so. His contract already devolved into a week to week basis. They could have suspended him and just carried him all year. But they chose not to do so. Now you want the league to step in where the Raiders did not? Oh yeah, buyer beware.

One more thing. What were the Raiders thinking anyway? Since when does a team rebuilding ever hire high profile mercs? That's usually a team trying to put themselves over the top, like the Patriots. So I don't see where the Raiders were going with that.

The Raiders had no choice. If they suspend him the situation would not improve. If they dont they lose all that money and allow AB to engage in even worse behavior. He signed the contract to play and abide by the rules that the other 52 players did. Do you think he should not be fined for missing practice and then calling his GM a racial slur and threatening him? Do you condone that behavior and blame the team?

You can say buyer beware and i would agree if it was because of bad talent evaluation, reduced skills or even if he had got in trouble with the law. In those cases he is not purposely doing it to hurt the team. He would still deserve punishment but it wouldn't be to to sabotage the team on purpose. The excuse that the Raiders should have know is crap. He is a 30 yr old grown man making 30 millions dollars. Players need to be held accountable for what they do. When a guy doesnt show up to work i dont blame my company for hiring that worker.

Rebuilding teams hire high profile players. It doesn't matter whether they are good or bad.
Anyway he is gone and im moving on and focusing on the players that want to play there.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote