Thread: Schedule Snafu
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I guess I never ran into this previously due to the fact I never used expansion until this season. Everything had been normal with 22 teams (even if the schedule has a weird 2-week gap in late March when most teams have like 2-3 games left) so I don't understand why it suddenly would mess up with 24 after expansion. I imagined it'd just borrow another real world league structure and schedule and use that, but apparently not. My hope is that bringing it up will make it possible to get fixed in the next game, anyway.
We thank you for bringing it up. I know I made sure this was passed on and we're currently trying to replicate it. It should have borrowed another league structure, and the fact it didn't is odd. If we can't replicate it, we may need to see your save to find out what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Scheduling is an area where this game needs MAJOR improvement. Even in my 30-team fictional league, which I assumed would mirror the NHL schedule, teams from the Eastern Conference and playing some teams from the Western Conference more than they are playing some teams in their OWN division!

Someone at FHM really needs to review this. If we are not going to be able to edit/create our own schedules, then please at least give us templates that make some sense.
If we aren't informed of something seemingly going wrong, it's tough for us to fix it. The schedule should be balanced automatically, so I would love to see some more details of your league (what structure, did you expand, etc) as to why this happened for you.

As much as the team and testers play the game, it's quite impossible for us to test every outcome because frankly, no one plays the game the same way. We rely on community members such as yourself telling us of your experience which helps us negate these issues.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote