View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Coaching/ Scouting

Scouting:

Shjon Podein's Flyers are pretty set on a personnel front. The Scouts are all desirable and fairly priced. My scouting setup is pretty simplistic, I've put 9 in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL (one for goalies, defensemen, and forwards per league), 1 in Eastern USA, Western USA, Midwest USA, and Central Europe, 2 in both Nordic Europe and Former USSR, and the remaining 4 I use for pro scouting (NHL/AHL, trades, shortlist, etc.).

Coaching:

The coaches are pretty cut and dry assistants. All have a good reputation, 10 in patience, 11 in man management, and 12 in abilities evaluation. Unless otherwise noted the coaching abilities are all 10. The coaches make between $92,000 and $102,000.

Hatcher- Defensemen prospect coach. Hatcher is solid in all coaching stats, but not exactly great in any. For. (11), Def. (13), and Prospects (13). $102,000

Laperriere- Forwards prospect coach. Lappy is almost an exact replica of Hatcher, but with a slight eye for potential (11) and strong man management (12). He is a defensive-minded coach, which makes me confident that my young forwards won't become stuck in their own zone. For. (13), Def. (11), and Prospects (13). $101,000

McCarthy- Offensive-minded defense coach. McCarthy is certainly one dimensional, but what he does do he does well. Def. (14). $94,000

Mullen- Forwards coach. Joey Mullen is as one dimensional as McCarthy, but is even better at what he does. For. (15). $96,000

Reese- Goalie coach. Reese is a quality goal tending coach, who like Lappy has an eye for younger talent (11). Goa. (16), and Prospects (11). $92,000

Luce- Don Luce is a big of an enigma of a coach. His ability evaluation is suburb (16) and his ability to find potential is unmatched by the rest of the coaching squad (12). But he severely lacks in his coaching abilities. For. (12). $93,000

Right now there doesn't seem to be any reason to update the coaching staff, except possibly swapping out Luce for someone with more diverse skils. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote