View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
goroyals
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
I simulated MLB history back starting from the creation of the National League in 1876. I ignored the National Association, but doesnt matter where you start.

So I had the National League exist, I added the American Association, had it exist. I ignored the post season they had between each other, it was exhibition anyway...so no big deal.

AA folds, I threw in the four teams that survived into the NL. NL became a bloated league. I created the Western League as a AAA independent league, unaffiliated that was able to sign free agents and what not. In 1900 I renamed the National League to Major League Baseball. I added a sub-league. Sub-league one is the National League, and all the history of it is still there. Sub-League two is the American League, and I moved all the appropriate teams from the Western League to the American League.

Worked fine for me, history is there. The only thing...using historical schedules. The historical schedules assume the AL is sub-league 1. Since mine is reversed, I wrote up a script that I use that flips the teams in the schedule and run it every off-season so I get the right schedules.
Are you still able to see the history from when the AL was the Western League though? Like the league stats, champions, etc from the WL?

Last edited by goroyals; 05-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.
goroyals is offline   Reply With Quote