View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
khucke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
You know I've always wanted to do something like this but it was never possible before, I guess league associations are in the game now?

My idea was to set up a standard(pre 1961) MLB setup with two 8 team leagues.

Then along with that I wanted to create independent minor leagues of various quality(real life ones) spread out throughout the country.

I then wanted to populate all of the leagues with a mixture of real-life and fictional players, having them move up through the "system" organically, IE by looking for more money in richer leagues, with MLB being the richest. New players each year would all be free agents, no draft, players go to the highest bidder.

I wanted it to be possible for a strong minor league like the PCL say to maybe hold on to a star like Williams or DiMaggio, or maybe not. Is this possible?

That's what I tried to set up in my first post. It works fairly good. The negative is that it only works with a fair amount of human edititing.
In the setup I outlined all leagues were set to reserve clause financials making it neccessary to manually relaease players in the minors for major league teams to bid for them.
On the other side when you set minor leagues to free agents financials teams tend to sign their best players to multi-year contracts which also prevents player movement upwards (a manual editing to one year deals is required then).
khucke is offline   Reply With Quote