View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
khucke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
In terms of using the same draft pool, what happens if I set one of the associated leagues up as a feeder league to the other?

Will the free agent pools be combined if the leagues aren't associated?

Ideally I would have all new players come in as free agents in the lowest league. Then each year the next league up can draft anyone from the lower league (A feeds AA draft, AA feeds AAA draft, AAA feeds MLB draft). Players that aren't drafted repeat the level.

Likewise, once a player is released (I'm going with the reserve clause) at the major league level, I'd like him to be able to sign at any level, depending on who can afford him, where he'd play most etc. So any MLB release players that aren't signed at the MLB level would be able to sign in AAA, etc.

Do I need the association to do this? Or maybe I need to not have the association set up?
The concept of feeder leagues was meant to replicate the college ranks. Therefore the feeder league players enter the FA pool when they exceed their league's age limit and they leave for good. Correspondingly feeder league won't sign free agents. I'm afraid the restrictions of the feeder league concept makes it impossible to simulate the relationship between majors and minors.
khucke is offline   Reply With Quote