View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #41
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyan_cheena
Damn, just scrolling down that post made my head spin. Your dedication to your universe and the effort you put into it puts us all to shame, Chris. Great stuff.
Yeah, that's pretty mind-numbing to review. The point is that if someone really wanted to do a large universe, they could print this stuff out, follow along slowly and experiment until they found a good mix for what they want to do.

I used to use the scheduler in a much more complicated way where I divided the ranked fighters into four groups that could be sorted out through the filters and pitted these segments against each other; then I divided the young fighters up into those with 5 and less fights and those with 6-10 fights and pitted them against two different levels of competition that could be extracted with the scheduler. It all got to be way too much.

What I posted gets close to what I want and believe it or not is far more simplistic than what I was doing six months ago.

It should be pointed out though that you can do just about anything with the scheduler and if Andreas could just add a few more options that I have suggested (and very importantly - a template creator for the auto-scheduler that can be saved) we could all do wild things with it and never use a spreadsheet again.