Thread: OOTP 21 feature
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:38 AM   #43
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdodd82 View Post
Ive been playing this game for about 7 years now and its come a long way but this year i barely played due to its stagnation...

I'd love to see expanded player development. Ability to coach players on certain areas of their game. Some players are better at being coached than others, some coaches do a better a better job etc. Theres so much you can do on this level. See ratings change over time and players blossom under the right mentorship and others fall by the way side if you're coaching them wrong.

Also bigger front offices. Seriously Assistant GM and a few coaches, come on now. Wheres my analytic department and scouts. All this can feed back into the player dev side of the game. Football Manger anyone?

3D graphics are such a none factor for me. Its all about the deals, roster management, finances and building winners rather than watching tiny figures slide into first base from half way up.
I actually played Perfect Team more in XX then the base game. Just because it was a breathe of fresh air and that was after hating PT in ootp19.

Just mentioned in another thread I think OOTP is the best baseball sim ever and top 5 sports sim ever. But sometimes it fails at the video game aspect.

I am certainly not a die hard baseball fan but I am die hard gamer and XX just wasn't any fun. Its been there and done that. Yes XX was the best OOTP ever but it still plays like 90% of all the other OOTP titles. And it did feel stale and boring to me. Which is why I switched to PT. Even thoguh I never bought a single card with real money I have a ton of fun playing PT.

I think OOTP could improve upon the entire front office, financial and actual mlb committee type of things.

Like the above person said about adding a minor league level. If your in "godmode" it should be a couple of clicks just like it is. But in challenge mode it doesn't exist. It should actually be part of the game in challenge mode. Using whatever real rules are in place to get another minor level team or change uniforms or change location.

Whether that is owner votes, a committee, some kind of politics whatever.

The entire fanbase and marketing in OOTP bothers me too. That should be part of the game. Whether its getting marketable players, bobble head days, dollar dog days, new stadium new jumbo tron whatever.

OOTP does its job as a gm who builds rosters and staff, a manager day to day operations of setting lineups etc.But it doesn't do anything for higher end functions of baseball.

There are options to do all of that stuff in the game but again its owner more or god mode. It should be a part of the sim. Where fan base and marketing is important. Money, stadiums, sponsors, commercials, personalities are important.

Love the clubhouse mood and relationships but it even needs to go further into all of that.

For everyone that doesn't like it and just wants the sim well there will be toggles to turn it all off like a lot of players do currently.

In my eyes OOTP needs to get better at being a being video game to go beyond best sports simulation, to best sports game, or even best video game sim.

I'm going to buy 21. Def play PT. Probably play several seasons of basegame. But then I'll probably drift away from it when the next big game comes out and forget about it. Unless 21 just Wows me. And I'm just not sure if it does enough video game things to wow me anymore.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote