View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 06:14 PM   #84
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

I've decided to take up this challenge three times: Lots of failures, lots of lessons. Here are some tips, to avoid rage quitting or getting fired.

• Wei-Yin Chen (sp?) is dead weight. You're going to wind up paying his horrid contract anyway. If you trade him, you'll likely eat 90%+ in a deal that only nets you some minor league filler. Get rid of him, any way you see fit.
  • Fire all of your minor league pitching coaches, and hire coaches that work best with Power Pitchers. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it helps in development, particularly with Sixto Sanchez (Marlins top prospect). I also happened to sign some minor league pitching prospects, who developed amazingly.
  • I do not know how development works with Batting Coaches, yet.
  • Josh Naylor will likely be available in your first Rule 5 draft. I've found him to be hit or miss. He worked out in the first 2 sims (a bright spot of power, in a weak lineup). Oddly enough, the one where he didn't pan out was my most successful sim.
  • If you play GM only, John Farrell is the best available manager; Mike Maddux is the best Pitching Coach, and from what I can tell, Tim Raines, Jr. has made my team respectable for once.
  • Hope league evolution kicks in: Sim 1 - Mound lowered for more offense, Sim 2 - No league evolution, and I got fired, and Sim 3 - Marlins move to Jacksonville, complete with new stadium, and active roster increased to 26.

Hope this helps.