View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Bookmarking this thread for later reading (just heard the wife: "I'm reeeeaaady!") and thanking you, Painmantle.

[Sometime, please explain your user name, Painmantle. Are you acknowledging the pain that Mickey Mantle played through in his career?]

Also celebrating my 2,000 post. Double Hall of Fame status!

[I used to be 1998 Yankees. ]
My name came from a Diablo II Armor I found. One day I was trying to make a user name based on my real name Rhett Parsons...I tried every thing Imaginable that involved Rhett, the letter P and my last name...after several unsuccessful attempts on this particular site (And I can't remember where it was...I think it was an AOL e-mail account). I decided to try the name of a recently found Armor in Diablo II....it was right after the Expansion Pack came out with a 5th level and I thought it was the most amazing armor in the world. Anyway the name of the Armor was "The Pain Mantle" I think it had attacker takes damage or something.

But long story short, I've used this name on basically every Forum, site and/or place that requires a username and never once have I had that infamous error message "That user name is in use/unavailable etc.....

So that's how I became known as Painmantle to the point that my Friends even call me that or some derivative of the word "Pain" ...LOL
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 11-10-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote