View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
Why do you rest him before and after pitching starts? I have a player like this whom I start on the mound every 5 games and play DH or OF in the games between starts. He is never fatigued enough to play a position in the games after he pitches. I think he's pitched over 30 starts and had 500+ PAs in the same season. I suppose it's not quite as realistic to have him do this, but the game does not inhibit him from doing so.
What you describe isn't consistent with my experience. What I find is that after Pitching my players don't preform as well at a position without a day off. And without a day of rest before he pitches his performance on the mound suffers. (This I learned doing it in a solo league)

A few factors that could contribute to this are.

a) I never switch the players position from SP
b) I play almost exclusively in leagues that don't use a DH
c) I am doing this in online leagues which sim a week at a time so I am using the 7-day lineups for PT and therefore cannot track his daily fatigue.

Could you take a screen shot of the player you have mentioned with his Batting and Pitching stats? I would very much like to see his accomplishments.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 11-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote