View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #786
Tib
All Star Reserve

Quick update:

I've been hard at work switching my computer over to a new one with Win7. It was nerve-wracking, to say the least. I was absolutely paranoid about losing my Short Hop league files from ITP and OOTP5.

Yeah. OOTP5. It's a dinosaur and I wanted to upgrade everything, so I downloaded OOTP8 free version. Wow. Good thing it was free. I uninstalled it within 20 minutes. You know how when you go to a lot of bars and hit on a lot of women you can just tell when one of them is going to give you a disease? Like that.

I have OOTP11, but the OOTP5 files are incompatible, so I began to despair of finding a newer version of OOTP that can take OOTP5 files. The forums here were full of information, but nothing concrete, so I started worrying whether Dave's saga could have an end. But Short Hop is not an OOTP game, it's an ITP game.

I found my license and ITP is just fine, thank God. But I run the ABF and the CBA on OOTP. Long story short, the good folks at elicense got me my OOTP5 order number within 24 hours - during the holidays, no less. I am back in business.

Of course, this means no face gen pics of Von Jones or Moose McCammon, but you'll have to just use your imagination. And it means Dave's saga is still in the hands of ten year old technology and game engines, but I'm not worried. Hell, I'm just happy I got the whole thing moved onto the new rig without having to mourn the single greatest literary undertaking of my life.

Onward!
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote