View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 03:08 AM   #4
SmoothGentleman
Major Leagues

May 20, 2021

It's flattering and peculair that several pitchers have sent messages to my office asking for extensions, full well knowing we're not happy with the current pitching going on in Vadodara. It made for an interesting past week around the office as the team has fought to regain their early season form.

Veteran Starting Pitcher Alagu Madhabi made his request on May 13th, followed by Antarvedi Raghavendran on the 19th while I was on a plane to Bombay.

Madhabi-1
Madhabi-2-May-13th
Raghavendran-1
Raghavendran-2-May-19th

I heard Bombay was a fun city, especially last year after the Bombay Pride won the Baseball Of India Championship. They began the season struggling, but I needed to see the team in person again. Hansakaya Rudraraju was pressed into starting action for a second start, mainly due to Hatch's shoulder concerns. However, it wasn't he who let the team down on the 19th. Peralta and JB Olson, who had a 1.05 ERA out of the pen last season for the team combined to blow a late lead and cost us the victory.

Pitching...

Not to mention Cardenas having to leave the game with a tight hamstring after sliding into second, and Shokrollahi exiting after getting hit by a pitch. "At least it's fun seeing Gonzalez play shortstop," Josephine said to try and lighten the mood. She was the only other office member who traveled with me to the game.

I hate my sister...

...I don't mean that I just didn't find any humor in watching our pitching fall apart again.

May-19th-1
May-19th-2

Even worse, Josie and I immediately flew to Ajmer to watch Hatch in his second rehab start the next day. To be honest, I was going to recall him unless his arm fell off.

The bottom of our rotation has been that troubling. However, there were no concerns Ajmer won 7-1. Even more important, Hatch looked dominant; while Baseball Of India Developmental is proving to be a pitcher's league right now, it was still encouraging to see.

Hatch

Josie worried that we may need to stretch him out, but I felt pretty confident that he was ready to take on his normal workload in the BOI. We left after Hatch reached his pitching limit, we needed to head back to Vadodara to handle office matters and continue developing the institute.

Malcolm just called me to make sure I was going to get some rest; he's still out on the road with scouts, the man works harder than I do. Before bed, I wanted to go over the slew of league announcements. Including one being given to the press tomorrow.

Screenshot-1

It could be worse, 20-14 isn't a terrible mark at this point of the season. However, the pitching is going to give me nightmares.

Last edited by SmoothGentleman; 10-18-2019 at 03:12 AM.
SmoothGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote