View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #22
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

I guess people come to games for different reason, some Strat players (myself included) have tried out ioopt because we've been seeking a sim baseball game in an app environment, something that Strat does not appear to have serious plans to develop, but which some Strat players have been advocating for. I have always enjoyed my SOM experience. I have both the pc game, and the cards (love the cards!) but the ioopt has been fun from the start and i plan to acquire all the seasons as they become available. I am not a sabre-matrician so i am unarmed when it comes to engaging in the the analytics discussions, however, i have found that i get more enjoyment out of ioopt by playing it but not wishing it was strat when i do play. It's not and i am pretty sure it doesn't intend to be. But, for now, if you want an engaging and realistic sim game in an app environment, this is your choice. Further, what i really like, is despite being the only such product on the market, ioopt (palli, et., al.) have been open to issues raised here and have taken that feedback and acted on it. I like buying things from businesses who respect me as a customer (no matter how misguided my insights might be!).
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote