View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #704
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Joe Brodeur and league expansion

Bird,

Please keep track over the next few years of that filthy Joe stinking Brodeur cheater and his batting ratings. I am very curious how OOTP handles players getting busted for peds. Do they begin to lose power or any other ratings at any point after being caught? Being as he is a young player we should get an idea by watching his losses.

Big caveat for you regarding the expansion and this is one of the reasons why it's suggested that league evolution is not used. There may not be a schedule that matches the changed league structure. I will look to see if I can find a schedule that matches, if not we may have to either make one or have one made. FYI anytime you make a change to ANY league structure (including minor leagues when expansion happens) you have to generate a new schedule for each level that has changed. Also the league evolution will NOT create the divisions for you. It only offers league expansion by adding teams. So you will need to do that. Also, and kind of important, most likely the next expansion (which could come soon or take decades) will put the next two teams in the MJL, but there is a chance that they could be placed in the SJL.

My suggestion is to shut off league evolution. When you are ready, add the divisions and when you are ready to expand (do so on the first day of the off season) do so (but when you manually expand make sure that you you expand each teams minor league teams also). Of course don't forget to generate a new schedule when you do this for each level (MLB, AAA, AA, A etc.). I know the schedule(s) exist for the 24 team, 2 sub-league, 2 division, 6 team league so you will be fine when you get to that point.

Think about it.

BTW congrats on landing Kawasaki!

Have a good night!

Palaaemon