View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #101
andrewdodd82
Bat Boy

Impressions...

I've played OOTP since '13 and it's the premier baseball game for sure...however i feel as if it's stagnated a little in recent years. The improvements year after year are great, but i feel as if I'm just playing a patched version of the old years gone by.

As a Brit i play a lot of Football Manager and i understand that game has a big company behind it but it really has developed into something immersive, with everything you can possibly do available and i was hoping Ootp would follow.

I don't care so much about the 3D game play at all, the extra little extra bits like added stats and spray charts are welcomed. I want to see more of a GM/baseball ops side coming through, with hiring of departments to expand your teams analysis. Much like you'd see with teams who embrace that side of the game in reality, the better your stat guys the clearer information you get. An organisation with top guys has much better chance of winning than one with few. Astros...

It would be cool to build a department of an organisation to really improve it that way rather than just signing international free agents for $5M every year. Its so annoying to have only 8 members of personal. Theo Epstein and Andrew Friedman unemployed every year...

Also, this could link in with player development. Improving players, making pitch changes, getting them to tweak things. Work on xyz in the offseason. Players coming back 'in the best shape of their life' etc etc.

Its annoying to see players with 60 grade skills hitting around the Mendoza line year after year and me having no idea why or being able to change it! Could the manager have a word, or ask him to work on something to change his performance perhaps?

I love this game and will continue to play but i'd like to see big changes in the future for sure!
andrewdodd82 is offline   Reply With Quote