View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #24
the_32_pitch
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers85 View Post
I'm now in my second season in the league as the New Orleans Looters GM (a bottom rung team that is in the rebuilding process) and have thoroughly enjoyed this league. I haven't had this much fun in a league since the days that I was a commish of a sim hockey league. Gray Ulery, the commish, is extremely helpful and attentive to the detail of keeping a league running well and fairly as he doesn't own a team in the league and is an impartial commish. He will go out of his way to be impartial on all matters and puts much thought and effort into this league.

Don't be scared off by the fact that this league doesn't display current ratings. I was hesitant of that at first, but I think it makes the league that much better. You actually have to put some effort into evaluating players and focus on hiring a good staff and good scout especially. Anyone can build a franchise by just looking at the current ratings and going after the best there is, but it takes skill to judge a player by his stats and potential ratings and decide whether there's room to improve, or wehther the guy is too injury prone to ever amount to an elite player (injury rating is also hidden).

Just to address the earlier post in this thread. Don't listen to him. He claims much knowledge, but his first post to the league was a blasting of the league to the group email list prior to even being introduced, and without asking for help with the settings file blasting it for a file not being available that was readily available, as well as the rest of the settings file folder for htose that have issues exporting with just the gms file. Take it from this owner and multiple other owners that can attest to the fun of this league. A double digit amount of owners keep active twitter accounts for their teams, among many other communication methods such as Gmail, nto to mention a mutliple times a week podcast that is done with call ins from owners and such. You'd have to look far and wide to find a league that offers this much depth.

Yeah yeah lets hear all the great stories about how the league is so great. Butter up to the commish for points. I know everyone will come out saying how fantastic the league is. I get it.

Bottom line is hes overmanaging the league and theres an insane settings.zip file now. Wake up to it. Hes overmanaging this league to death. It's hyper and micro-managed to death. I want no part of a league thats become so bureaucratic that it's unintelligent anymore. All good leagues last because theyre kept simple by the commissioner. Hes so absorbed in his league that it's become a nightmare of lists and settings.zip files and podcasts and mailing lists. Ridiculous.

Last edited by the_32_pitch; 10-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
the_32_pitch is offline   Reply With Quote