View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #17
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowl9 View Post
Hello hamed2,
Yeah, some I do, but most often retired fighters. For the most part HW's, CW, (some) LHW & MW. I look at the fighters overall opponents and records and make judgements off that. I try to be consistent to have a balanced consensus within my universe. I do "some" limited play testing for my ratings.
I never cared for some ratings strictly based on let's say a fighter with a
11/02/3. (with 8 KO's or TKO wins) Wow looks like a great start until you see he fought guy's from the "bum of the month club", card fillers, ...ect..
So now this 11 win fighter has a CF of 6 - 7 or 8 with a HP of 5 - 6 or higher? Ummmmm,..no...I don't think so.
Having said that, I find some fighters with just a few wins and what looks to be an awful record. With some better management he could of been much better. So this guy went the distance or less versus some pretty good fighters while losing. Or some cases he's just in it to make a few bucks. Anyway, I have many intangible things I consider as well.
Not saying anything everyone here does not know already. I'm no expert for sure, but usually satisfied with my results/ rating.
Bottom line is you can always change ratings but most importantly it's still a great & fun game.

Good stuff Hoot, yeah I know what you mean. It's funny how some highly rated fighters have mediocre results & others maybe not as skilled have great careers.

Years ago even with a great rating, Joe Calzage could just not catch a break, he'd lose all these decisions. By contrast, a 6 rated K-9 Bundrage I've built to 22-2 & is a 2 time & current champ.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote