View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 11:40 AM   #34
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I don't know why you're taking this so personally, Red. I don't think tanking is immoral, it's just expressly forbidden by the TOS and therefore I am against it. Why is that position hard to understand?

Let's say you're playing dodgeball. We all know the rules. Let's say you get clipped by a ball. Nobody notices. Are you allowed to stay in the game? Sure, but that's not part of the agreed-uppn ruleset. But, if you were allowed to stay in if nobody noticed, I'd completely agree with this decision.

Now let's say you're caught as being hit by the ball, and other people playing the game witness this happening. If you have a tantrum and refuse to leave because nobody is explicitly forcing you to sit down, is that immoral? I don't think so, it's just childish. Why sign up to play dodgeball if you weren't going to follow the rules?

Now let's complete the analogy. Let's say you're playing competitive dodgeball, one with a video review system and a judge. Let's say you get clipped by a ball, but don't think it hit you. Others did, so they ask the judge to review the footage. Are you going to call your competitors the "morality police" for just asking the judge if you got hit? What about football; are coaches the "morality police" for challenging plays made by their opponents? Are teams "morality police" for asking for investigations into e.g. contract violations, PED use, spying on playcalling, etc.? Are they all the morality police too?

At least in some of the examples I gave above, there might be some personal financial incentive to try to cheat. But why sign up to play a game, one with no stakes whatsoever, if you aren't going to follow the rules?

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote