View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #33
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
call it the "Morality Police", you're de facto admitting that the conduct is immoral—hence wrong. Thanks fo settling this debate so succinctly.
Um, not at all.

"Morality police" - or should I say, self-styled morality police - is a pejorative term used to characterize inflexible people who enjoy projecting their belief systems on everyone else. They tend to believe that they are always correct and those that disagree, however slightly, must be wrong. And usually punished.

"Naming and shaming" is a favorite tactic of the morality police. If they ever manage to rise to a level of real political power, generally within the confines of an autocracy or theocracy, then that shaming often graduates into pursuits such as stoning and other forms of public executions.

Trust me, you don't want to be a part of the morality police. Best case scenario, Vince McMahon lampoons you as part of a late 90s mid-card wrestling stable.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote