View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #99
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I hear ya, Jason! Tanking is tanking.

The 'Glou, with 1 perfect, 8 diamonds, 11 gold, 3 silvers and 2 bronze on their active roster (and 1 diamond on the reserve roster - Bryce Harper, bought for mission purposes; I can't see me ever playing him), are somehow 67-66 with 1 day to play in August, and are actually 2 games below pythag.

We are currently 3 games ahead in the 2nd wildcard, our 664 runs the 3rd-most in our conference. Our pitching has benefited from Dykstra's addition, with Trout now playing LF everyday and backing up CF every 4th day. We have conceded 636 runs, 7th.

Trout leads the league in dingers, with 31, but is only the 3rd-best Trout in the conference in WAR, with 5.3.

I don't expect us to stay above .500 or in the wildcard on the run home. We have 6 games in September against the Cottage Grove Tube Sox, 4-time PL champs and with a 90-42 record so far (only good enough for the first wildcard in our conference, however). We also have 4 games against our division leader, the East Rutherford Swamp Dogs (75-58). In our favor, however, are the 10 games we have against the County Rebels (58-75), and 3 games each against the Vancouver Trailertrash (52-82), the Arizona Blaze (63-71) and the Holy City Saints (61-73).

According to the pennant chase screen, we have a 72.5% chance of making the postseason but I am most skeptical.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote