View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #98
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
The way I saw it they don't believe they can play in Perfect level.
If they try they might not make it back to diamond.
And you can't fault them for winning diamond/getting promoted.

But I'm not 100% sure about the details of their history.

The proof they might not be able to compete in Perfect is that their "OK" squad almost got to the halfway point of the season with 2 wins.
They are not running an "OK" squad in Perfect. They have 24 Bronzes and an Iron on their active roster, and 2 Perfects, 25 Diamonds, and numerous Golds and Silvers on their reserve roster.

I don't fault them for winning Diamond and getting promoted--I congratulate them! That's an awesome achievement! Plenty of dominant teams have no Diamond League championship icons. I fault them for giving up in Perfect after 1 year, at the most, each time they're promoted and then tanking. They won a Diamond League championship in 2026 with a 104-58 record, and then went 71-91 in their first year in Perfect. The next year? 48-114 and relegated. They were only in Diamond for 1 year before being promoted. First year back in Perfect, they went 80-82. The next year? 45-117 and relegated. Again, only in Diamond for 1 year (went 101-61), and then in Perfect: 41-121 and relegated (tanked right away that time!). Back in Diamond for 1 year, and then in Perfect: 74-88, followed by 33-129 and relegated. It took 4 years for them to get back to Perfect (some bad luck in there--won 100 games 2 weeks in a row in Diamond without getting promoted), and then last week in Perfect, they went 77-85. And this week...yeah.

Starting pitchers on their reserve roster: 98 Mordecai Brown, 96 Ben Sheets, 94 Billy Pierce, 93 Blake Snell, 92 Zack Greinke. Starting rotation on active roster: 67 Mike Harkey, 67 Ken Holtzman, 67 Daniel Mengden, 67 Jacob Waguespack...wait, maybe they're doing a "67" theme team?...nope, 65 Adam Wainwright. Same story for the bullpen and lineup.

I apologize for airing this all out, and I'm sure I will regret doing this in the morning, but this is tanking, plain and simple, and it's a damper on an otherwise very fun P437 league.

Last edited by JasonC23; 09-06-2019 at 11:08 PM.
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote