View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #88
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Colonels reach the all-star break in second place at 65-30, so we are 42-9 since shuffling the roster yesterday morning. The division race has closed from a 10-game deficit yesterday to only 2 games behind now, so we are back in the playoff hunt and looking forward to the stretch run. We have seven all-stars, including starting pitchers Cy Young (17-3, 1.97) and Tim Keefe (14-4, 1.57).

Cleaning up some loose ends from my earlier post, I concluded that these are the reasons for the improvement:

Superstition prevented me from bringing back two of the players that were banished in the purge, and they are still in digital limbo.

I did pick up an old friend, Babe Ruth, to be my DH for the rest of the season. My expectations for him are different this time. I don't expect MVP awards. I am really just looking for a DH that does not need platooning, runs up opposing pitch counts, and fits my Earl Weaver strategy (3-run HRs and strong pitching). He checks all three boxes there, and he could earn a permanent spot with a good audition.
The Mighty Orcins caught up to take a share of the division lead last night. I expect your team to take the division in the long run, your defense & pitching are both better than mine, offenses are both pretty good/even overall. Waittilnextyear should take his division as well.

I swapped to a more offensive team for this season and moved to just 5 guys in the bullpen for an extra bat on top of that. But it's driven me nuts all week to be in the lower 3rd in def_eff/BABIP and to have a negative zone rating as a team, so maybe I'll shuffle a couple of guys around over the next couple of weeks after some cards sell on the AH. Outfield defense should be good enough when position training is completed, but infield defense needs a little help.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote