View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #62
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Saturday afternoon and the team is 90-51, just 6 positive outcomes away from another semi-unlikely division title with 40 games left between the 2 teams. So mathematics would probably say close to 100%. When I said the losing would stop this season, I think I meant it. First Perfect Leagues title.

But, all I'm sure of is I don't expect to be *uncompetitive* tomorrow.
I'm the 2nd best regular season team in my conference & that's not final yet, and of course all the teams in the playoffs are there for a reason but outside of maybe a team named the Flagstaff 49ers it's welly well up-for-grabs and hard to call. There are the 49ers and then 6 other teams that could easily win a series from the others, depending on which way the wind is blowing. And the remaining teams in the playoffs will be formidable as well, to say the least. Plus my team has had the kind of season where they don't seem to react to which kind of team they are playing. VERY even-keeled, plenty of semi-lousy losses but a consistent ability to win games against any team.

90-51 early Saturday, get some rest and see how tomorrow goes, for the 1st time going into the playoffs I feel there is next to no pressure on the club, and that doesn't mean it's fine if we lose, that just means I don't expect the team to have any nervous jitters. We will play some of our best games in the postseason, in all likelihood.

If we do make it to the finals, it is not until then that we will be matched up against the Flagstaff 49ers. The road won't be easy but it's all ahead of us. Something like that. One pitch, one batted ball, at a time.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote