Thread: patch 20.4.40
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #19
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Unless an absolute flood of posts reporting something similar comes rushing in, this certainly sounds like total coincidental timing to me. Sometimes a team, IRL and in OOTP, goes into a slump. They don't score, they allow their opponents to score a ton of runs. And for a 7 game stretch even the best of teams can experience this sort of thing.
I can't promise there is no causal relationship between the patch and the 7-game trends you are seeing. But if I were a betting man, I'd pretty much bet the house against it.
Totally. That’s why I want to emphasize that this is appearance-only at this point. Moreover, I backup my game each game-month as a matter of principle and I wanted to test this out, so I loaded my backup.

Through a quick-sim of the games, the record was 5 - 4 over 9 games with a smattering of scorelines, so everything looked fine there. As a final test, I’m replaying those 9 games using the backup and I’m through the first two with typical and decent results.

As of right now, this strikes me as at coincidence for my team hitting a slump with the timing of the patch. But, I wanted to post in case there were other folks experiencing it too. Since it looks isolated, I won’t worry.
christophermichaels is offline   Reply With Quote