View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 08:52 AM   #40
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

August 3rd thru August 10th, 1903 SIM

Ramrods maintain lead in Rawlings Division going 3 up and 3 down.... Its down to a one game lead over Atlantic City with a big 2 game series with the Rollers at Station Grounds in Huntington.

Pitching staff is all I can ask for as we are leading the Chadwick league in Starters ERA, FIP, Pitching War, Runs Allowed, and Home Runs given up. On offense the team slash line is .266/.326/.384…

Before this SIM the Ramrods made a move, sending middle reliever Bobby Thigpen down to Mt. Sterling and bringing up RHP Ed Appleton. Reasoning behind this – Thigpen had an astronomical ERA of 11.37 and Appleton becomes an instant Leader in the clubhouse. Team Chemistry is Unhappy, hope that will improve….

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:

18-year-old Carlos May sent shock waves through Ratified American Baseball Association last week with an eye-popping performance that brought him the Chadwick League Player of the Week Award. A newcomer to the league, May made the establishment sit up and take notice, punishing opposing pitchers with a .500 average, 11 hits in 22 at-bats, 2 home runs and 10 runs batted in. Where the Ocean City Islanders left fielder goes from here, only the baseball gods know for sure, but May certainly made his mark last week. So far this year, May is batting .323 with 28 home runs and 80 RBIs.

Matt Chapman burst onto the Doubleday League stage in a big way last week. This promising rookie third baseman for Palm Bay garnered everyone's respect by putting up some remarkable numbers and picking up the Player of the Week trophy. The 22-year-old haunted opposing pitchers hitting .409 (9-for-22) with 4 home runs and 10 RBIs last week. Chapman is batting at a .205 pace this season, picking up 63 hits in 308 at-bats with 11 home runs, 31 RBIs and 29 runs scored.

KEY INJURIES:
  • Skidaway Island Divers: RF Lee Walls diagnosed with a hamstring strain, will miss 3 weeks.
  • Chattanooga Choo Choo's: 2B Larry Doyle diagnosed with a knee sprain, will miss 5 weeks.
  • Hoboken Hoboes: Matt Ford has suffered a setback in his recovery. He is not expected to recover for another 15 months.

NOTES:
With the next two games against the Rollers (who are a game behind), I will be adjusting the pitching staff rotation. Artie Nehf is suppose to start game 1, but he will be skipped over for Tom Seaver who is rested even with 120 pitches thrown in his last start. Game 2 will put Ace Roy Oswalt up… It’s a shame Bob Feller is down with an injury, I could have gotten into a Seaver vs Feller matchup….

On the Petrocelli first base project, Rico had a 1 pt rating decline in fielding at 1B this SIM to a 23 rating… Ut Oh… maybe he is maxed out… I hope not….

TEAM INFORMATION:

There will be a Live SIM today at 1000 ET - RIGHT HERE
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote