View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #24
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Interview Roy Oswalt

May 10th, 1903 - The Huntingtonian

CSB - So Roy its great to be able to talk with you today, can you explain a little bit on how you feel playing in this brand new professional league?

Roy - Well Chowdon, I am honored to be a part of the inaugural season of RABA and to be playing with Fred Rocker and his Huntington Station Ramrods. We have a bunch of really good players and most of us have come together as a team pretty quick. That is an important part of the game that often goes overlooked.

CSB - Being born in Kosciusko, Mississippi the Long Island scene must seem totally different to you. Are you enjoying your time in Huntington?

Roy - Yes I love it here, I just got a nice little place out on Lloyd Neck and my girlfriend will be coming up from Mississippi for a visit during our current home stand... The town of Huntington is great with its little shops and fantastic bars, plus you can't beat living near the water.

CSB - Roy the other night you pitched a 10 inning complete game shutout to beat the Worcester Club 3-0. You only threw 111 pitches and looked masterful with your control and stuff. Can we expect more of that in the upcoming weeks? Have you hit on something?

Roy - Tuesday night I had all four of my pitches working great. When I get late break on my slider and my change is being effective I think I am one of the best pitchers in RABA. It was a great game to win but I tip my hat to my opponent Johnny Allen who struck out 18 in that game. The 2 big errors by Burroughs and Reynolds enabled us to win that one. Going forward I am still working out the feel on the changeup but if it is as good as Tuesday than watchout.

CSB - I heard that you and the other starters like to go out an cause a bit of a ruckus in the evenings when your not scheduled to pitch?

Roy - Well Artie and Tim and I do enjoy the nightlife at times. Little Artie can pound back some beers and act like an Napoleon, it really is fun to watch. We always seem to have a good laugh, and Artie is really good about sneakin back into the Hotel when we are on the road.

CSB - Thanks for sitting with me today Roy, and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.

Roy - As I always say; "Lets Go Ramrods"

-Chowdon Sum Burbone
Ramrods Beat Writer
The Huntingtonian
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote