View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, it operates in ST-mode and it is different. basically yes to all of that you asked.

sp get 4ip, assuming they don't blow a tire so bad in one inning they have to be pulled etc etc.. injury or whatever reasons. more ph used etc. the batters don't always play entire games, either.

i'm not so sure it really cares much about the depth chart, maybe more so with batting? i think it subs guys at the bottom of the order much more often than at the top/middle, even if all your starters are ~80/80. i try not to look anymore, but i remember a distinct drop off in PA after 3-4-6 players, and i assumed that's what is happening. also, why i try to limit bench.

i think it even adjusts to how many RP you have in pen... if you go too low in ST it basically jsut rotates them at 3ip. go too high and X of 7 rp don't get enough work that you plan to use in reg season.

this hasn't changed recently that i can recall, but i haven't played '19 as much as i normally would at this point in time. if you see a distinct deviation from what i describe, clearly they've changed that. i don't expect it for st, though

Last edited by NoOne; 02-06-2019 at 04:00 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote