Thread: assignments
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #4
koolkerns101
Minors (Double A)

I apologize if you think I wasn’t trying to be helpful. I wouldn’t have replied if I didn’t want to assist you. I was just trying to emphasize that there are certain components of the sport that exist beyond the game itself and utilizing outside sources can be more helpful in understanding the game. This especially applies to the rules of baseball, which is all I was trying to highlight.

Strategy is an entirely different beast. How to build a team is something we all struggle with, because you have to weigh finances, player happiness, abilities, prospects, veterans, etc in making certain decisions. Strategy truly is situation-based. My personal preference is playing in low to middle tiered markets and developing homegrown talent. I’ll retain the affordable and ship out the expensive at opportune times. But you’ll discover other people who prefer the exact opposite. My suspicion is you’re playing with the Rays, which means you’re going to be financially limited. Investing in prospects and focusing on development and 3-4 year player retention will likely get you farther than spending all your money on one player. Look at what the Rays do in real life and attempt to mimic that as you build your squad. Find bargain FA, cash in your prized players right before they hit FA, and invest heavily in the draft and international markets.
koolkerns101 is offline   Reply With Quote