View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
MrLegend85
Minors (Single A)

Very challenging schedule request...

Hey everyone, I am looking for a very challenging schedule...Let me begin with my ideas to better explain what i am looking for..

So I would like to play a longer schedule than the typical MLB one, more games. I am thinking 204 games for the schedule. So with that in mind, here's where I get picky and a pain in the butt for the talented schedule makers here lol. I want my schedule to start on Easter Sunday every year, which is always changing. The earliest it can be (according to this website i use as a guide) is march 23 (actually the 22nd, but thats in the year 1818, my league starts in 1834, so i don't have to worry about that), and the latest is april 25. I am looking for the season to end in mid to late October, because i plan on planning the playoff schedule every year so that it ends very near, if not exactly on, Thanksgiving. So essentially I guess what I am asking for is 3 separate schedules if possible.

The first would be used for the early Easter calendar, so 204 games in 216 days would be good I think.

The second would be 204 in 204 days (off days with as many double headers as necessary, maybe even to make it more complicated (very very sorry) I was thinking sunday double headers would be cool during the summer months, so like 10-14 sundays in the middle summer months with double headers)

The third would be for the years when Easter is very late. Still 204 games, but i would need them crammed into about 182 days. Again double headers are just fine, great even. Definitely would like off days too, so they become a necessity.

2 Leagues
2 Division Each
20 Teams, 10 in each league (5 per division)

No Interleague Play
26 games against each team in division (4 x 26 = 104)
20 games against each opponent out of division (5 x 20 = 100)
If you can make the All Star Break for the 4th of July that would be great, if not don't worry about an All Star Break, I will make it during the offseason.

Typical series length of 4 games would be cool, but obviously that doesn't matter too much to me and isn't even possible completely I know. But yea, if anyone wants to take a shot at this, that would be awesome. Thank you very much

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by MrLegend85; 10-17-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: forgot something...
MrLegend85 is offline   Reply With Quote