View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Ok, I have a few questions that haven't been asked:

1. Will tournament games be simmed every 30 minutes, as with non-tourney games, or will they be simmed more or less frequently?
2. Trying to figure out how long the daily, weekly tourneys might take. Considering the example you posted above, "D-Gold-Bo5F7-T128-IDXXX = A daily tournament, only Gold cards or lower on active roster, Best-of-5 Series with Finals Best-of-7, 128 Teams", that would be 37 "sims" (6*5+7) of actual games total. If they are simmed every half hour, that would be 18.5 hours. plus extra time for each non-simmed day, which could come to 21 hours or more. So that means anybody that enters that is locked in for 21 or 22 hours. Is that the way it would work?
3. Will players learn positions they are assigned to when playing tournaments? Or will they only earn them when playing in regular mode?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
1. As Markus said above, we might be looking at more like every 10 mins per sim, although some may be the full 30 mins between games.
2. The plan is to avoid days off, so with a 10 minute sim time yes that tournament may still be 6-7 hours to play it through. But you can enter 3 tournaments at a time, plus you have your normal team to worry about. But you can bet that one would have a big prize.
3. No, players will not learn in tournaments. It will be like the entry pool in that respect. I believe they would keep any training from regular leagues, but I'm not sure if we have fully finalized that as the rule so far.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote