View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #19
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

You can try other amounts of pitchers in the 19th century. You can figure the amount of relief innings you need in a season by taking (27 - IP per GS)*(Games/3). For example, if the average SP gets 23 outs per game, then there are 4 more outs to get and if you are playing 154 games in a season, you have 4*154 = 616 outs to get with your relievers, and this is 205 innings. So then you have to ask how many pitchers do you want to divide those innings by. My answer to this is that you take this value and divide it by about 75. So if I need 205 innings from my relievers I will need 3 relievers on the roster.

Perhaps you think 2 pitchers is enough to cover these innings though. I think that in OOTP though if you ask too much of too few RP's that they will get worn out and not perform as well as you expect.

You are welcome to try other modes for the rotation but I have been using strict because you will otherwise have one pitcher on every team making more that 40 GS per season and historically that just wasn't happening. With strict you get 39 and 38 and even that is quite a bit.

PH for Pitchers Very Rarely will keep the SP's in the game, sort of like an additional boost to the Hook rating. The more you let the pitchers bat, the better the rest of the batters in the league will do as well.

IF you want more realistic saves totals just set Use Relievers to Very Rarely and Use Closers to Very Rarely up through probably 1960. It seems to me though that doing this will end up costing the best SP's some wins though.

If they took out having players retire early from the Storylines that'd be neat. You will have some of the best players only play a couple of seasons and then retire if you keep this enabled. Up to you, but Cobb might play 5 seasons and then retire.

I suggest testing different settings to determine what you prefer.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote