View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

So my Southern Association league is all set but if you look at the teams they have no players yet. You will also notice they have fictional jerseys and logos. If you use the team names I will provide further down in this and download the Historical Minor League jerseypack I assembled with plenty of help from others (details here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286018 ) you can go to each team and autoload their logos, jerseys and caps. If you play with minor leagues enabled you want to download it because it has jerseys, logos and caps for every minor league team included in the game from 1901-1999.

Back to the players. I found the best way to get some talent on these new teams is to go to the league settings screen and while making sure you have chosen Southern Association click on schedule Free Agent draft.
IMAGE is below titled STEP8.jpeg

I then can click on my Southern Association league and go to the draft. I leave it at its default of 20 players so this gives each team a good starting point for rosters. I let the draft run and when completed each Southern Association team will have a roster of 20 players they selected from the free agent pool.

The last step is to go back to the league setup for the Southern Association and from the FUNCTIONS tab click on MAKE FICTIONAL PLAYER CONTRACTS so that each player has a salary assigned to them.

Image is Step9.jpeg below.

That is it. You are all set to go and if you followed these steps you will have an unaffiliated Southern Association that will run alongside your major league (and later Federal League, Texas League etc until you are ready to fold it.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-20-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote